You are a Child of Mine...

Brandi and I had tickets to see Mark Schultz on Friday night. It didn't start raining until a few hours before the concert. Not thinking much about it and since I only lived a few miles from the venue, I took off early, thinking I would sit in my car and read a magazine. When I got there, already 3 people in line and I decided if I wanted to stay out of the elements and be able to stand under the overhang, I would be standing in line early. There was a young, angry college girl in front of me. She couldn't understand why we couldn't come in early because of the rain, why she couldn't get anyone to come with her and was generally, mad. Behind me were two 30-something career women who were equally hoping for the doors to open early. They never did but it was an interesting hour.
When the doors finally opened, we ran to get seats. In about 10 minutes, all the seats were taken and those of us saving seats began to guard our territory. The people in back of me needed to save a whole row - but less than they had originally planned. Their friend Michele had lost her dad unexpectedly the night before. The mom and daughter next to us bought tshirts.Brandi got there safe and sound a few minutes later and all was good.
It was a great concert. Bid Daddy Weave and Mark Schultz rocked the house with song after
song of God's great Love. They honored military personnel, past and present. They had done 15 concerts before ours but I had and still have a feeling there was Something going on.
BDW meationed it first - that there was a sweet spirit in the room. Later, MS said the same thing. He went over his set, about extra 15 minutes and several times, it seemed he was wiping away tears. You never know what might have happened that day to a bus full of singers - or what a few thousand people singing acappella to a group of lonely travelers might do.
I walked away that night not only feeling like I had been to church...but that we left a little bit of ourselves for them. I have never felt that way before and whatever was going on that night, I am so thankful that I was there and I pray, that this will not be the last time they feel this way on this tour. Rock on guys, ROCK ON...