imagine...


Getting ready for the big Disneyworld trip in a few weeks. I had seen the online review of the wilderness lodge where everybody will be staying. The boys have lodgepole bunk beds and the pool looks like the big waterpark we have around here. In a word, it is FABulous.
The boys wanted me to see the DVD of what to expect. I grew up about 5 miles from Disneyland and have been there countless times, even graduation night. We could see the nightly fireworks from our backyard and eventually, it became routine and we quit. So as I settled in to watch this fun little video of Disneyworld, I knew a little of what it might be like. I was wrong.
About a minute into the video, I had tears running down my face which continued throughout the presentation. These were not tears of joy for the boys and Brandi at the prospect of their trip. This was personal - this was about me. I felt completely overwhelmed. I could not speak. As the video played on, an older woman came on the screen, looked right in the camera and said, Imagine not having to imagine. That is the experience that DW wants you to walk away with and this is one that I didn't know until that moment, that I do too.
I don't know how or when but DW is on my radar. I don't know if it my age and I want to see
it with childlike sight. It reminds me of my faith. Imagine never having to imagine. Sounds like Something God would say or at least, it has the same effect on me. I am not a goal person, I live in the moment. Not A 100 things I want to do before I die kind of girl but I might be adding this one thing.
For now, I will live vicariously thru my family. I can't wait to see the pictures and hear their Stories. But Someday, I want to grab them and see it for myself. They will be able to show me what they imagined and point me in the right direction to find my own. Whatever it was that brought those tears so quickly will be found whether at Disneyworld or Someday from God Himself. Either way, It's always about the Magic Kingdom...