freedom and satisfaction...


As I pulled out of my garage this morning, I noticed my next door neighbor's flag was still up from Memorial Day. They don't usually have the flag up so I think that is what got my attention. When they bought the house over a year ago, he had just got back from Iraq. I imagine that his idea of freedom is way more personal than mine.
As I drove out of the subdivision, I thought about the cost of our being able to fly our flag whenever we want to. It didn't come cheap - some pay much more than others. I thought about the cost of being a free people and how sometimes, it seems like maybe the cost is too much. The thought of being satisfied kept popping in my mind - what does it take and when is enough, enough and these two, freedom and being satisfied, just don't seem simpatico.
As the day wore on, they took turns popping in and out. I still couldn't see any corelation..so on the way home from karate, here they came again. This time they presented a united front. Ok, Ok, I'm listening...

Still not sure I am getting the whole Big Picture but this is what I did get.
We are free to do anything we want as we search for that satisfaction but there is a cost. Use it wisely..
That's it... Nothing else...
Still not sure what to do with it - hoping for Part 2, real soon. Maybe I should ask my neighbor - it might make perfect sense to him...