Again...



It had been almost 3000 miles so I found myself back at the shop, getting the oil changed in the van. I always sit in the same chair - a high back Mission Rocker and I always have my Sonic Diet Coke with cherry. I always take pictures - not sure why. How exciting can be and how much could it really have changed since I was there last?

Some of the things we do again and again are mundane. As if on auto pilot, we tend to veg out during these times. I admit, I found it difficult to find anything Spectactular on the way to my car task. After settling in, I spent my 30 minutes basically, looking out the window. After a while, I realized that just the simple task of being, gave me a sense of well-being and I walked away better than I walked in.

These are not BIG THINGS but little things. Both of these have their place in our lives. I tend to focus more on the Big Ones but in truth, it is the little ones that affect my everyday mental health.

I need tires so I will be going back on Thursday to have them mounted. At first, I fought going to the car place TWICE in one week but I quickly recovered and am now looking forward to it. Stop at Sonic, take a few pictures and have some time to think. Again...