intersections...



I have been trying to get DH to see the new 3D U2 movie for a week so when we had a small window Saturday morning, we took it. As it turned out, his job decided they needed him earlier but he knew that after spending $17.50, there was no getting me to go home so they waited for us.

In ter sek' shan - a place where two or more roads meet: junction.

The thing about U2 is that it reminds us of a very happy intersection of our lives. I do believe that many, many things intersect with each of our worlds and we are never quite the same. That is how I felt while watching U2 with my 3-D glasses, just as happy as I could be. Their music is amazing but I couldn't help thinking about the days when DD was little and we had friends that were family and we enjoyed this music together. Sometimes the intersections come from people, music, sometimes from words that go straight to our heart bypassing our brains - not giving it a chance to run away. I think some intersections hold deadly crashes - we have to stop and regroup. The loss of person, job or dream, can also intersect our worlds and change our course, our plans and our lives.

Thank God we don't need 3-D glasses to see what we need to see. While it certainly adds entertainment value, we need to be free and see clearly to move on. When our road meets another, we are set to travel a different path. Whether friend or foe, our lives are never the same. Whether my next intersections comes from, I hope I have learned to be more flexible and be ready to go...