the bigger, the better...



I have watched that little video clip of Brennan Manning several times a day since I posted it. It has become my daily ritual for now. I start and end my day with his words flowing through my brain.

I am utterly convinced that he is correct about us accepting God's unwavering Love that will be the salvation of each of us and not the works that we try so desperately to keep up with. What I can't stop thinking about is the idea that God is only as big as I see Him.

If you have been around me for more than 2 minutes, you know I have no desire to travel anywhere but Disneyworld. None, zip, nada. I didn't realize that I may be the only one in that club until a few weeks ago, talking to some ladies who were discussing spending some quality time in Hawaii. Don't care - can't make me. Maybe I am the odd man out. I have wondered if my vision of Him might be bigger if I did see more of the world He has made. After these last few days, I am convinced that seeing more of the world, wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Strong language but totally appropriate for what I am talking about. For me, how I see Him is in my everyday life. I want to make Him bigger everyday. At the end of the day, I want to tell Him, It was a good day and You shine like no one else can.

My world changes when I allow Him to make it bigger. I am going to purposefully grow my world in Him bigger every day from now on. God doesn't change - He just lovingly waits for me and I can't help but believe that as my view of Him gets bigger, the better it will be for me.