sleepover...



It was around 1230 AM when the last one went down. Keaton, Morgan and Poppa all fell asleep pretty fast and it was just Gage and me, trying. After an 1 hour and 1/2 of trying, I finally put him, his pillow and blanket on my lap and rocked him to sleep in less than 30 seconds. I put him on the floor bed we had made for everybody, woke Poppa up, sent him to his bed and laid on the couch, watching over my brood.

We had a good night. Keaton beat me at Wii bowling several times. Gage and Poppa had Xbox going and Miss M was my shadow. She helped me make dinner, putting tater - totters on the cookie sheet and setting the table. Saturday was reserved to go see Horton Hears A Who and checking out the new Crayola center at the craft store but for this very early moment, I watched them as they slept.

I thought about each one and their big personalities. I could myself in each one. They all have a piece of me in them and I could pick it out pretty quick. Their faces had the sweetness that only comes in the middle of the night. While they slept on, I wondered about all the sleepovers we have had and would have to come. I wondered about what they would be when they grew up. Would they still have those big personalities? Would they still love the things they love now? What would they remember?

As I thought about all those things, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by the greatness of these little people who have the same blood as me, flowing thru their veins. It may be called a sleepover and that may be an oxymoron but I wouldn't change having this time with them - for anything in the world...