Easter...

Had a very nice conversation today with a person I haven't seen in a while. We caught up on grandchildren and life in general. When we got ready to go our own ways, she said, Hope you have a great Easter!.

I know what she meant and I have said it before myself but if you think about - why would followers of Jesus really say that to one another? Over 2000 years ago, Easter was made good for us, forever. So when we say that to someone, are we wishing them great success at the church egg hunt or that the ham and pototoes doesn't burn?

I don't see the Salvation Army pails out at the grocery store, trying to ensure that everyone has a good Easter. No signs of food drives or collecting chocolate bunnies for the less fortunate. I am as guilty as the next guy, my office is filled with Easter baskets and presents for my family. I couldn't imagine it being any other way but I want to honor Easter for what it is.

We celebrate what has already been done, once and forever. Every Easter is a good Easter. The details of our lives on Easter Sunday, have no bearing on the goodness of the day. Nothing that can happen will change the essence of the day. It is what is is and we are able to celebrate, however we see fit - what we couldn't do for ourselves.

So, I am not going to wish you a Happy Easter. Have whatever kind of Easter you want but remember what has been done for you and thank Him in your own way.

Spring break is next week so I am going to take some time off. See you in a week...love zalaine