proud...



Proud (proud) adj, the eighth definition reads like this, full of vigor and spirit. Ok, the first seven are all about self-esteem, honorable and magnificence. The point is, proud is highly subjective and what we deem to be proud of - maybe, we are off base more often then we think.

We all have a mental list of what makes us proud of each other. There are different lists for different people - we don't all start from the same vantage point but there is a common theme in all the lists. The thing is expectations get mixed up in the whole proud thing and the whole things gets a little blurry. If you are one who grades on a rather lofty curve and I think we all do, at one time or another - do you need to reset that bar? It is not unlike being in the moment, proud can be very simple.

You might think that I am being less than honest about being proud of this boy and you would be wrong. I am proud of his creativity, ability to take advantage of the moment and mostly, of his quickness. Being proud may mean to reset a focus or look beyond the obvious. I am also proud of this layout. It is honest and has almost-nine year old boy, written all over it.

Keaton, I am so proud of you. You have my wit, my sense of humor and my lightning fast speed. Don't ever change...