let your light shine...



We all have a natural disposition toward being comfortable turning inward or breaking out in outward song. Whatever our natural inclination is, letting our light shine everyday is something I perceive, that we need to consider.

I live with Mr Grumpy. I know it, he knows it and last week as we talked about it, we were in agreement that it was unlikely to change, ever. I wasn't thinking about the light shining thing then but as I am now, I don't know that you have to have a non-grumpy persona to let that light thru.

My definition of LYLS is more of a word picture. Light shining thru an old wooden fence, for those of us further Down The Road. Children come with much light and somehow, we seem to lose it as we grow older. Somewhere we got the message that it must look silly, that we must grow up or our or worse, that it is no longer a valued adult trait.

Whatever LYLS looks like for you, think about if it is something that we should do because it is the right thing to do while we are living our lives.

Do we owe that to each other?
Is it part of our spirtual journey?
How would it look if alot of us saw potential value in pursuing it?

This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
This little light of mine
I'm going to let it shine
Let it shine
Let it shing
Let it shine.