seeing the world...





I saw this while blog cruising but I can't remember where. I do remember that she lives in Australia and those high heeled feet belong to her. Global- minded being nowhere near my mental default, I tend not to think about these differences on a daily basis but when confronted with this kind of imagery, I am floored.

My need to know rarely goes outside of the borders of the USA. I probably learned the most I have ever known outside of my country when we had exchange students and their families to share their worlds with us but even then, I still had very little true interest. It was like watching someone's home movies of their trip to Yellowstone - pass the popcorn, PLEASE.

These days, a photo like this will make me want to know a bit more. If God ever calls me to the mission field, He is going to have to send put it in a really BIG envelope. However I believe in miracles and it is not beyond what is possible. It is still not to late for a burning desire in me, to want to go but certainly not with today's attitude. The whole Dive thing is still in my head and I think God is the coach and if it needs to happen it will - really never spend much time thinking about the What's If's when it comes to spiritual gifts. Living in the Moment is about all I can do.

I am going to keep these photos around for me to see. To remind me that God is in charge of a big world with lots of people living lots of different lives. There is more to see, if I am only willing and with these photos, I am willing...