husband training...



Even though DH misses lots of parties because of his work, there is still a part of him that always makes it. I have taught him to sign cards - birthday, anniversary and whatever else that is coming from the two of us. I just feel strongly that he should participate and this was something that he could do - if properly trained.

There have been many, many husband lessons over the last almost 37 years.
Many
Many
Many.

I think I have a deep desire to know that if I am gone, he will be able to continue on and be, well...me. It dawned on me this week, that what I have been trying to do all these years is clone him. I have been in training mode for as long as I can remember and you know what, it's not fair - to him or me. Neither of us can be replaced by the other - on so many levels.

We are polar opposites.
He is from Mars, I am from Venus.
I am warm fuzzies, he is robo cop.

I have spent all these years trying to do something that is none of my business. He belongs to God and if something should happen to me, they are on their own. Whatever his life would look like would probably make me crazy but it's not about me, then. If I am honest, either is it now. He belongs to God and is on loan to me. Hard to remember when he doesn't respond the way I think he should but at least, I am fairly confident that if left to take of cards, he has learned his lesson...I sure hope so.