nothing quite screams summer...



like swim lessons. With less than a month to go until school starts, it is time to get down to business. The honeymoon phase of summer is gone. Is it going to rain or be hot? You can pretty well bet that everyday for the next 30 days is going to be hovering around 100 with no spring-like conditions in sight. It is a marvelous time of being hot and knowing that you are headed for fall. It is almost time for school clothes and backpack shopping...but not quite. It is just perfect.

Right now it is about goggles ( or googles as Miss M calls them, swim rings and is anybody going to go down the slide? Everyday last week, Miss M told me she would be headed down that slide. On Friday which is Slide Day, she looked at me and said, I am not going down the slide. End of conversation.

Not unlike real Life, we all get cold feet everyonce in a while. We try to put on a brave face and at the time, we truly do believe we will be able to carry out said task but in the end, not so much. I have been in Miss M's shoes many times and would love to report that I never backed out but that is not the case. Sometimes I wonder how much I have missed because I backed down the high dive of life and wouldn't take the chance.

How many times do we find our courage, go through with it and find out our fears were a waste of time?

How many times should we have been fearful and weren't?

How are we to know which way to go?

I guess that is one of the mysteries of life that we will never fully understand. All we can do is our best, in the Moment. It will be interesting to see if anyone slides down the Big Slide or jumps off the High Dive this week. Swim lessons will be over for another year on Friday and the kids will pick up next year where they left off this summer. The summer of 2008 has been very good to us and whatever we learn this week, will only add to our life experiences which is what we use when we make those choices about facing our next set of fears. So, I guess I will grab my googles and dive right in...