unphotographable...

This is the photo I didn’t take of the woman who was just ahead of me, waiting in line at the bank. Since I was behind her, I got to see the back first. She was approximately 65ish, slim build and worn khakis Capri’s with a muted orange, pink and green tropical type shirt. I admit all these details came AFTER because I couldn’t get past her hair. She was completely grey. Her hair was in a long, thin braid that hit just the middle of her back, suggesting she hadn’t had a haircut in a long time but the sides and top of her hair were short and curly, suggesting a little hairdresser action, perhaps even done at home.

The part I couldn’t help staring at and I really, really tried… was her decorative touch. At the top of her head where there must have been some kind of ponytail holder but you couldn’t tell because she had two bows, a larger one on top and the smaller one directly underneath it. The thing so fascinating about these bows was their size. The smaller of the two, in bright pink, was about 6 inches long and had several folds of material that formed this huge bow. Which only would have seemed huge had it not been for the 8 inch florescent orange bow on top of the pink one. This one seemed to have a 3D effect but may only have appeared that way because of its giant size.

I tell you the truth, I could not stop staring. I kept finding myself Somewhere in the 70’s. Although I would not have gone in that direction during any era, I remember seeing these bows, usually in kids. I was completely captivated. There was an unusually long wait to do your banking that day so I was able to then, see the rest of her outfit.

She had confidence, I daresay she liked her look. She seemed in good health and appeared to be enjoying her day. I wanted to ask her how she got those bows in her hair and maybe the Story behind her look but even more, her confidence. There is a Story behind her look – would loved have asked her about it. Probably should have asked her about her confidence instead – would have done me the most good in the long run.