6 word memoirs...



Project 365 is all the digi rage right now. Not only are these guys taking pictures everyday, they are scrapping them. There are threads,forum,blogs, kits and support, 24/7 to make this mass community project possible.

Having done this a few years ago and being less than successful - by day 7 I was jumping out of bed at 10PM taken pictures of coffee cups so I would HAVE an entry for that day. While I didn't walk away at the end of the project with a better eye for taking photos or learning to live in the Moment, I did learn that everything is not for everybody. I truly do wish those who are involved now, well. Doing something like this is a big commitment and has potential to make one feel less than positive, Down The Road.

I work better in a different mold. I stumbled on the 6 word memoir last year and seriously started dabbling in it last Friday night. It was after 11PM and they just started coming. 39, in less than an hour. Then Sunday during church, another 30.

I could not STOP...
They just kept coming and coming.
Not exactly the ideal 365 project when in less than 3 hours, you are already into March.

Diaper to diaper, pretty panties inbetween.
I'm a noun, to his adjective.
Kicked out of the garden, uh oh.
Every church board should disagree often.
Always floss, teeth don't floss themselves.

Where does this stuff come from? Where was it stored before I got out a pen and paper? How much more is in there?

I discovered that my Project 365 is about living everyday. It is about showing up 365days a year. No matter what is going on, show up. Everything else - photos, words and what else will come in sporadic and excess times, not in a even, steady flow. On the boards last week, there were already pictures of Coke cans and countertops - the cracks are already showing. For those who will share the experience I had, I want to wrap my arms around them and tell them. It is ok, you still win. Learning that P365 isn't working for you, is still valuable learning information. Don't worry, it will be alright.

If you doing the 365 thing, bless you and really, really give it your all. Whether you love it or hate it, you will never forget it.

See, I really can't help myself...