the state of the economy...



The news is everywhere and it is not good.
More jobs to be lost.
People are hurting
and lashing back,
mostly

In the last 24 hours I have had 2 experiences with people who seem to live in different worlds. Both retailers that I have done business with. One who is desperate. He is in foreclosure on his own home and while my contract with him is good until the end of March, he was semi-threatening me with a lien on my house now. He didn't want to but his partner was pushing him that direction. They are afraid that we will go into foreclosure like they and some of their customers have. I could hear it in his voice and so I didn't take it personally. He will be completely paid off by the beginning of February, some 5 weeks early. I hope I have brought his fear level down. This would not have been the way I would have reacted 2 days ago. I would not have been so nice but that was before I met Gary.

Keaton was over one night and we were doing an Amazon search for all things, Song of the South. Apparently it is now politically incorrect so it will stay in the vault and it is slim pickens to find video of any kind, During our search, we found a Disney Sing A Long and ordered it. $12.98 with shipping seemed a small price to pay for a little, Zip A Dee Doo Da action so we pulled the trigger and waited. Keaton called after school Monday and it arrived but it was the wrong one. The receipt from Amazon gave the third party seller's email so I shot off an email of the mistake and instructions of how to get the right one. Gary sent me the nicest email, offering to send me a replacement or he would refund my money when he received the video back. I emailed him back, explaning the SOTS love of a nine year old boy. I went on to tell him that we had snow and that I would send back the video by the end of the week since I had it delivered to Keaton's address. Later that afternoon, I got email from Amazon with my refund. Then another email from Gary,

Just have your grandson keep the tape and enjoy it for all of your trouble.I
will refund your money through amazon.
Once again I am truly sorry for the mistake.

Thank you for shopping with me,
Gary

P.S. Wish we could figure out how to ship some of your snow my way. Ha!
We haven't had any snow since the blizzard of "93"


So the call this morning from a desperate man with desperate circumstances who was threatening me, fell on deaf ears. We ended the conversation on a high note. It is the state of the economy for him, and the state of the heart for me...