days with those we love...




While Phillip Toledano and I share completely different lives, we do share a common path of walking our days with those those we love. He is walking with his father, one who is near completing his days - I walk with three, who are just starting. I love his photography, even the colors are subdued and respectful, giving one a sense of the preciousness of their time together. I knew that mine would have to be bright and vibrant. There could be no lack of color, no red not bumped up - to tell their Stories.(www.dayswithmyfather.com/#/thumbnails)

I love this type of photojournalism where the words tightly fit the image. Although I am no Phillip Toledano, I want to save these Stories for these wonderful little people so Someday, they may help with their personal Puzzles. Fill in a memory or give them a sense of who they have always been. Either way, I am starting a book for them and will add to it when it makes sense. It will have to be meaningful and honest. For those who we are given, days to walk with not only have the responsibility to love and protect but also to give them a sense of their history. There is nothing so desperate as watching someone search for a family that bears their blood and that they have never known. We all want to know where we have come from, good or bad. It is a need born within us, and one that will nourish us at the very core of who we are.

I marvel at our capacity to tell Stories. Stories refresh us, even when they aren't ours. It makes one look a bit deeper, past the duties of the day to the ups and downs of this life we have been giving. I love when it the PT's of life come into mine. Thankful doesn't begin to cover it...