the male gender...



Ask any man what a woman wants from them and you can see their mental hard drives going into meltdown mode. Most are unsure because they basically, can't keep up with us and our changing ways. To be fair, most don't put alot of work into trying to figure us out but even if they did, once they had a grip on Girl Reality - we would be on to something else.

Then there is that always, crazy fear that we are going to ask them, ONCE AGAIN - what they are thinking. It has taken me years and a few wise words from Jerry Seinfeld to realize, they are thinking NOTHING. The same thing they will be thinking next time we ask. Like it or not, that is the way they are.

Being raised by men should have giving me a heads up but what I observed is that sometimes men bring it upon themselves. I can remember thinking, OK - that was dumb . We were spending the afternoon with friends in their front yard when this unknown high school girl walked by with a suitcase and a long face. My friend and I were on the front porch and the men were working in the yard ( who are the smart ones in this picture?). She stopped right in front of them and with her puppy dog eyes, started to tell them a sob story about her grandmother being sick and needing a ride to the bus station to get to her. They were both totally ready to grab their keys and help her out. We girls could smell the stinky story clear from he porch. We told the men they would be doing no such thing and told Miss Sad Story to move on. We later learned she was a runaway. Had we not been around, it could have had a very unhappy ending for our men.

There is not right or wrong with both genders, there is just a wide gap on how we think/process/operate. Having only been around grown men, these little men in my life are a wild and wonderful joy. While mommy and Miss M were at their playgroup on Friday, I picked up Gage and we waited at school to have lunch with Keaton. It just doesn't get any better than this I tell you. I learn something new each time. They make me laugh uncontrollably. There are many bodily noises and references, pretty much the same as the Big Boys but it is much cuter. The hugs and kisses I get from them are as much as what their sister doles out which is considerable. I am truly amazed every time I am with them. I am seeing the beginning of the men they will become. Polite, crazy, loving, wild - because of their great parents, they are growing up to be men of faith and respect. I can't wait to see them grow to young men, knowing that they will need a little female help, Down The Road, but for now, I am basking in every minute of this Boy 101 class I get to be a part of. I am a lucky girl...