the joy of christmas...



In terms of joy displayed Christmas morning, it seems that the duck decoy, the Wii and the new baby doll were huge hits. The looks on their faces says it all. That is the joy of Christmas... or maybe not.

The back Story is before all these wonderful presents were open, Keaton has suggested days ago that we pray before we open gifts. I have a fabulous video of him doing just that. He didn't forget in the excitement of the morning just like he didn't forget on Christmas Eve to read the Christmas Story out of Luke and Matthew. After tracking Santa's whereabouts on NORAD all night, and as Sled Fest was leaving Mexico - Keaton read with great accuracy, the Story of Christmas. Gage lost interest before the Luke version was done and wandered off but the rest of us, listened like it was the first time we had ever heard it.

On Black Friday, Keaton had found Something for me when he was with his other grandmother and it was a Big Secret. I couldn't get anywhere near Grandma Sue's trunk that day. It twas the only present under their tree until Christmas morning. After the kids opened everything, Keaton said, Nana, time to open your present!. As I started to open the box, I couldn't imagine what this kid had found that he knew I would so love. I also didn't know that he had done chores for his other grandma to pay for my gift. As I pulled out the first piece, I noticed the writing on the box. From my favorite Christmas movie, A Christmas Story - it was a miniature leg lamp. The Leg Lamp! I was beside myself, broke out in tears and scared everyone. I was as giddy as a little kid and the tears wouldn't stop. Finally got control of myself and later on when I heard the rest of Keaton's Story, promptly, lost it again. It was an epitome for me on so many levels, many of which shaped some new choices for 2009. I was humbled beyond belief and thrilled to my core. My lamp is here to stay - it will be a daily reminder of letting go. What a Christmas!...