president x 5...



Just the image gives me goosebumps.
Collectively, what they have seen
what they have experienced,
what they know.
My theory has always been,
that Compromise
at any price,
is the cost to hold the office.
Some have yield more after
holding the office,
than during.
Some have worked together,
some were not invited to the Party.
I don't imagine that there are many
president reunions
where they eat at a picnic table,
in matching shirts
and shoot the breeze.
This lunch yesterday, must have been Something.
Wish I could have been a fly on the wall.
I imagine that politeness filled the room,
as they all walked around the Big Elephant.
However they got here and whatever it cost them,
they are now a part of history,
and from my point of view
to see these five standing side by side,
is something I never imagined in my lifetime...