do you see what I see?



Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did so throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover...Mark Twain.

She still it the most stunning thing I have ever laid eyes on. From the first time I saw her to coffee this morning. How fortunate I am to share this life with her. I hope she can see the possibilities that I see. She always says, you're my mom - you have to say that. . I have no frame of reference for this, maybe she is right.

I remember being her age. Life was not great. Medical and bio family problems along with working full time put me on the verge of crazy, most days. I didn't have anyone to tell me, hang on - you are doing fine. I struggled through and after much trial and error, see that I am more than what I see.

As long as I am willing the tough questions, I am on the right page.
When I can acknowledge that sometimes, it is my fault, I am on the right track.
When I fall on my face and cry out to the One who made me, I am on the right path.

So I want her to know that I see someone with so much potential, but I am her mother and supposedly, have to say that. With age comes the possibility of picking up a bit of wisdom, but even if I wasn't her mother - I would want her to know - there is One who sees more, knows more than any mother ever could. We are so alike in so many ways but she is much farther ahead than I was at her age. If I knew what I know now at her age, life would have gone much smoother but the bumps made me who I am and I wouldn't trade that for anything. I wish the same for her. Do we see what He sees? I hope we all get there Someday...