stand by me...




My favorite song right now is Ben E King's, Stand By Me. done by Danny Gokey. It may be the lead song on the funeral playlist the way I am thinking now. I love that American Idol/ITunes are releasing studio recordings weekly. I am going to wear this one out.

There comes a time in your life when you understand that making peace with yourself is not only worth it but may prove to be a invaluable relationship. Stopping the in-house fighting about weight, looks, what is sagging and what is eluding you. You have seen enough to understand that it is time to take what you have, accept it and make it work.

The bible says, if God is for us, who can be against us? For most of us, we don't have to look much past our own noses. Life is unfair, people aren't nice but boy, can we do a number to ourselves. Personally, I am ready to stop. I am embracing the multiple personalities that vie for attention in my head, even giving them each a mental hug every now and then. I don't think you can even start to go there until your 40's but there are those who through no fault of their own, have enough experiences to be well on their way before then.

I have more years behind me than before me and I am well aware that I need to make the most of them so Brandi, we may have to change the family rule of turning the music down in the van so I can hear the phone ring. I promise I will check the phone every now and again. You know me, I don't want to miss a thing!