action...



Latest Twitter post...aliedwards Taking a leap of faith.

Been a long time since I have thought about taking a leap of faith. Seems like mine have been mostly in my head, nothing with any action involved - not that there is anything wrong with that but one can't live by intellect alone. I guess you could describe my growth spurts in the realm of what is possible, not what has become possible. My mind and in turn, my heart has been learning that I truly know nothing and that anything is possible. While that sounds like a cop out, it really has been quite the experience when I see how my thinking has changed. It opens up a whole new world.

But when I read Ali's tweet tonight, I perceived action. A verb instead of a noun. A physical taking of a stand, not knowing how it will turn out. No guarantee that what is being done is rightor will have a good outcome or is even the right thing to do. That is why it is called taking a leap of faith. Maybe it is time to stop being a student and get out and try out what I have learned. Out of the classroom and into the Real World. Hadn't ever crossed my mind until just now. Five little words were all that it took. Not sure what it is going to look like but I understand there may be a new path coming my way and like Miss Ali, I want to take that leap and all that comes with it. Without using what you learn, there is not much point in learning. You can store up knowledge forever and never go any farther but have you really learned anything? Without action, not much is gained...