stellan...

Dr B told us "He's in bad shape." I'm trying to hold fast. Dr B is trying to ring Boston again. Will you pray!??!
34 minutes ago from Tweetie
Stellan is getting Lasix now to help him get rid of his fluid (it's a diuretic). Dr B is here. He upped a med & will try Adenosine next.
35 minutes ago from Tweetie
http://twitpic.com/bte9p - Holding him close always.
about 1 hour ago from TwitPic
His bicarbs & ph are low. He's in an acidotic state (metabolically speaking) and won't eat. Gave him Zofran but he barfed it.
about 1 hour ago from Tweetie
Stellan is no longer urinating, his Potassium is up, he is still in SVT, very swollen & at midnight he began incessant vomiting,
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
He will come back to the bedside shortly & we'll conference. Can I reiterate that these last many hours have not been good!?
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
Stellan is hanging in there, but is deteriorating. It's not good. Dr B is here on the floor, but off conferencing with other cardiologists.
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
I almost can't bring myself to write with more bad news.
about 2 hours ago from Tweetie
...

These are Jennifer's tweets from the last 2 hours. The last 2 days have been filled with more tense moments than one could ever imagine. Unless God intervenes, Stellan will be with Him soon. His family knows the score but like all of us when push comes to shove, we will fight back with all we have. All that talk about can't wait until getting to heaven - goes out the door and the battle to hold on is as fierce as any war fought battle.

DH's aunt lost her battle last Thursday and we will honor her tomorrow. She was on Hospice and had lived a good 90 years but her family will miss her. Her husband has lost 2 wives to cancer. He has gone through the agony of watching women who he loved, endure unbearable pain and he knows his time is coming. As I have all weekend, my prayer for Stellan and his family is one of peace. More than cure, there comes a time when all has been done and what you believe become real. If you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and you accept His Grace, you need to claim that. If you believe Something else, you need to go there. It is natural to want to claw and scratch for every Moment when you are in MckMama's position. For each of us, it is human nature to demand relief when there is none in sight. This is what MckMama says about her son and what happens to him on her blog,...But God does and we trust Him no matter what He decides.
I found out last friday that a friend that I worked with for many years has a terminal disease. She is not looking at curative treatment just goign with pain meds. Could it be because her daughter is clinging to very little time herself and her mother wants to be her? I don't pretend to know any of the answers but want to keep asking the questions...because Someday, it will be my turn.

Someday it will be me scratching and clawing.
Someday it will be me needing all the peace I can get
Someday it will be me and I want to be ready to give an account for what I believe...