a day in the life...



It was a great 4th of July, absolutely fabulous.

I decided a few days before the holiday that this would be a good time to do my A Day In The Life of...project. We started the day early with the 4th of July parade then headed to Aunt Bebe's for food and fun and finish the day with some backyard fireworks. It was a long day but we all took a couple hour break between fun and fireworks to chill out.

Looks like the book will have some great shots. I think the book will be a great look back for the kids. Usually photos isolate an incident - freeze a Moment in time but a progression of photos gives a sense of flow. Family flow - each one is different. In some families, love flows like an never ending fountain. My gk's live this kind of life. They couldn't be loved or lavished more. Two sets of dotting grandparents and extended family along side great parents, give them a sense of deep Love. The kind you can take to the bank. The kind that last a lifetime.

Growing up, my best friend Maralyn had a great mom. She was always so nice to me in a very subtle way. Never overly anything, she knew the score at my home and was a kind as she could be but what I remember most is Thursdays - grocery shopping day. Every Thursday was her shopping day. After school we would go to Maralyn's house and have to help her mom unload and put away groceries. The reward was something to eat when we were done. I never missed a Thursday. When I grew up and thought about it, I realized that she could have gone earlier, when we were in school. She didn't work and there was no good reason for her to wait...unless that was her plan. To make a hungry high school girl's day. I am 57 years old and a Thursday has never gone by that I don't think about that woman and what she did for that girl. That is deep Love. That kind of Love will last forever.

Beside what the kids will remembe rwhen they grow up, I want this book to remind them that we knew how to party and did it often. It is a visual experience of a known event. Not bad for the day after which reminds me, I need a nap...