July 9, 1999...



That was long day, a tense day. When he wouldn't come out and went in to fetal distress and the doctor started barking orders, I got scared, For my girl and my grandson. A friend of ours had her baby four days earlier - but he wasn't due until September and there were many touch and goes for them. I never thought about that I wouldn't get to be with my girl and see my grandchild born until all the commotion and she was whisked off for an emergency c-section. I would have to wait until someone came and told us they were ok. They didn't come fast enough, fear took its sweet time and went after me. By the time, I knew everyone was ok, it was too late. My mind took a while to calm down. My girl didn't wake up like she should so we had to take care of him until she could which was late into the night.

He has been such a joy. He is the kindest, most sweet boy I know. It is his nature to care about everyone and their feelings. He will give, trade, whatever is needed with his sister and brother to keep the peace. He has taught all of us the true nature of Love - I will never be able to thank him for all he has taught me, all he has shared with me and all the Love, he has shown me.

Happy Birthday Keaton, I love you to infinity and beyond - I hope you have a wonderful day and that we can show you half the Love you have shown us...love nana.