experience...



Windows 7.
Got the opportunity to buy a upgrade this summer and I jumped on it. Vista and I have had our problems and I was more than ready to move on but the idea of upgrading and not getting myself in over my head bothered me ever since I pulled the trigger and told Best Buy to send a copy my way.
The UPS man brought it on Monday and it sat on the dining room table until I got the guts to to give it a shot. Everything was backed up, just in case and my experience has been that just in case is usually the default.

I put in the disk and pushed, Let's Go! My first issue was to uninstall my security software. Done, moving on - then I had to dump iTunes and reinstall later. Ok, iTunes backed up, downloaded a few tunes yesterday - didn't want to lose my 2 bucks worth of new music.

Then, there was the message that the new operating system did not have a email program and would support the one I had. After some searching, I downloaded the Mail program from Windows Live and it sucked in all my information. Big bullet dodged and onward and upward. The rest of the install went pretty smooth and to my surprise, I lost nothing and everything looked good. Later in the afternoon, I would find that the Flash Player was not compatible with the 64 bit system and had to revert back to the 32 bit (if you need help, let me know) and now I am ready to go.

I remember the days when there was no Google, no support and DH and I spent days trying to figure this computer thing out. I was pretty sure this would be the case but I was wrong. My old experience has been replaced by my new experience.

I like the idea of a less than perfect experience being replaced by a better experience. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities. What else am I missing? I need to explore other avenues in my life where a replacement is not only needed, but probably is right there for the asking.

None of us share the same Journey, only the path. I have not been in your shoes nor you in mine. On those rare occasions that we do share an experience, the results can be completely different, in some cases, polar opposites.

By sharing our Journeys, we share similarities that can be converted for our particular path. If you decide to upgrade to Windows 7, I hope your experience is similar to mine. If not, buy a new computer with 7 already installed. Walk your path...