side effects...



For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Isaac Newton.

We have all heard it and experienced it. I think side effects is a good analogy of action fall out. Get a bunch of people dressed alike, take their pictures and there is bound to be trouble!

Medicine - you either get better or worse.
Choices - it may go well or really, really bad.
Love - you take the chance, that your heart may be broken.

The quote alone, would make a normal person assume that doing any action - is not worth it. The idea of Something going wrong on its own with no action on my part brings enough anxiety without me adding to it. We aren't crazy about side effects. If you have ever had one, you will not soon forget it.

I marvel at these commercials for meds where the side effects are way worse than what the possible benefits are. Who in their mind would sign up for that?

Yesterday I discovered that the blond streaks I have been enjoying in my hair are grey hairs that when colored with an ash brown dye, look fabulous. A good side effect. Do you ever think of SE as a positive? Not me - chemotherapy is what usually comes to mind. Love it when a lesson learned is not what I expect. It tells me there is much more to learn...and unlearn. Everything is not as it seems and there are many more surprises to come. I just need to be ready and if I forget, all I need to do is look in the mirror...