fallish...



Fall came fast this week. Very fast.
The cold came rushing in and out came the socks and the long sleeve shirts
and the hot cocoa.

It was also the first official Fall break from school and we had ourselves a few sleepovers. It is our custom to take everybody separately so we get some one on one time. The boys could not be more different as to what they like to do or where they like to eat.

Poppa and I thought it was strange on Wednesday when Gage picked Blimpie"s over Texas Road House, He LOVES TRH and poppa's mouth was watering for a nice steak. I must say, he did a fine job of covering up his disappointment and eating a deli sandwich instead. It was only yesterday while spending time with Keaton, that we found out that Gage's decision was based on a toy that he saw on tv that was suppose to be in the kids' Blimpie meal. Keaton said he wouldn't be doing his dinner the Blimpie way, it was mexican food for him - all the way.

We also love hearing the Stories that the kids share. The kind that start out, we are only suppose to tell this to family, and well, you are our family, It only gets better as they get older. I so love this part.

It is four am and I can't sleep. I watch their little heads and pray for the people they are becoming. I think about all the falls we have had and all the ones to come. I think about going to the pumpkin patch next weekend and the baby pumpkin treats I want to make. Even the discovery that your grandsons could be playing dinner music on the piano at Costco or any lounge in town is a satisfying feeling. I can think of no way better to start the week. A boy, some hot chocolate and the crisp feel in the air. A little Jesus in the morning to put it all into perspective and giving being thankful, a great workout...