FEAR NOT...



This last week has had a running theme. I didn't get that when I had a nightmare the other night and although it didn't make sense because I am not black, I couldn't go back to sleep and had a unrealistic fear settle over me. It is the first time I can remember ever yelling inside during a God-talk.

FEAR NOT, I yelled. I will not be afraid, you can't make me. I am claiming my Fear Not for the day and it covers everything. A couple more shoutouts and it was over. Morning came, fear gone...for now.

We all spend so much of our time fearing everything from soup to nuts. We even imagine things to fear. Things out of the ordinary, things that don't make sense but like the nightmare, have a hold over us. For me, I think it is time to be proactive and use my Fear Not, first thing in the morning. Start my day with the joy of thankfulness and the hope that fear does not have to rule the day.

We have many legitimate things to be fearful of. We live in unsettling times where our lives can be changed in a Moment. Last week, a co-worker of many years lost his grandson in a car accident and our old landlord's lost their grown son in a motorcycle accident. People are losing their jobs, their homes, their marriages. So, When Not If, is a daily concern. A concern that is valid, scary and real. Where do we go from here? How do we start our days if this fear thing is not a figment of our imaginations but alive and well?

That is the great thing, you get to pick. We each get to choose - and I am choosing to not repeat the week I have just had. If I have to shout FEAR NOT everyday until I buy it, I will. I want to be open and honest and that means embracing it all....