having fun...



Did you have fun today? Yesterday or the day before that? Since I am experiencing delayed childhood syndrome, I try to have some kind of fun everyday and if I can't actively find some, I make my own.

I tell myself my favorite joke which always brings a smile yet I can't repeat here. I do a stand up routine for DH when he gets home and if I can make him laugh, my work is done. I often get in trouble along with the kids and am shushed or worse. I don't see any of it changing soon. To those whom it may concern, you just better hope it doesn't get any worse!

Child likeness is necessary for creativity. I didn't know that I had a creative bone in my body until I embraced the child likeness. Had I not missed a few steps in the beginning, I am not sure there would have been any creativity discovery in my life.

Many boo hoo the art of play. They are wrong. Everyone needs a bit of play and to not understand that is to miss a Big Lesson. The first time I saw Tom Hanks dance on the big floor piano in Big, I was stunned. Was there such a thing and how fast can I get there. I have looked for the elusive piano ever since - looks like a road trip to me. Forget the museums and churches - I've got bigger fish to fry...