back to normal...




Easter festivities are behind me but still linger in the corner of my mind. Saturday night, we took the boys to No Greater Love. Gage, for the first time, was somewhat in awe. If you not local, NGL is a 31 year old Easter pageant complete with live animals and a whole community of actors that weave a story within The Story. Must have been a hit - as we walked out to the car, Gage wanted me to buy tickets for next year now.

Easter Sunday was filled with much joy. The kids made quite a haul between two sets fo grandparents, their aunt and uncle and mommy and daddy. What did they love the most? Bubbles. Even though it was a less than warm day, they spent 15 minutes outside blowing and chasing bubbles. There was an attempt to take some formal Easter pictures but it didn't work out. That is ok. I have a collection of 15 or so pictures of pure Easter Joy and that is good enough for me. It reminds me of what Easter is about and more importantly, what do we take with us as we go back to normal? Is there anything we realized we no longer need that is just taking up space? What is not working for us anymore and what is?

Can it be as simple as chasing bubbles? Do we make it so difficult that it is too hard to understand or even implement? Do we overthink the important and unthink the essential? These two icons remind me of what I need to know. Seemingly olar opposites, they seen seamless to me and that is what I am taking into this week...