Holy Friday and the IPad...



Keep thinking about good and holy, and decided to make the permanent switch to Holy Friday. In that light, I woke up Friday, ready to embrace the day. Jumped on the Super Highway and got the first blast of IPad-ness. It was downhill from there.

To say that I am excited about the IPad is like saying, I like ice cream. It so does not come close. I have been too excited to sleep a few night, contemplating how it will change our lives, not just mine but all of us. I have been on board since Steve Jobs announced it in January, I got on lists and have been waiting ever since. It will feel right and it will be glorious.
I kept coming back to Holy Friday. I wanted to no only be but stay in the Moment but I kept being redirected by the Shiny. I hate that I can lose focus so quickly and Friday was just a another reminder of how so quickly I turn into Peter. I know it in my heart but when I see myself living it out, it is not one of my finer moments.

By the end of the afternoon, I started to get my head on straight when the phone rings. There was a IPad with my name on it at the MacLife store if I still wanted it. My heart leaped and missed a few beats but I knew the answer... Not Today. I would never be able to forgive myself if I bought it so I told the nice man to give it to the next person. There are just some things you know you have to do and if you don't, it will always be with you.

Don't know when the IPad will be fitting neatly into my little hands but I know when it does, it will be the right time.Later that evening, the battle seemed to die down. No more competion in my mind and the day ended as I wanted it to, with Holy Friday bathing my soul. Couldn't have ended any better. Thank Angie for the new perspective and thanks for taking me along to the Stations of the Cross and Veneration. Someday, I hope to see for myself...