quitter...




After a real conversation with a friend, I examined myself to see if I was a quitter. I see that label as being negative but am old enough to know that at a certain time in your life, known how to spend your time in a healthy way, will include knowing when to hold em and when to fold them.

Given my thin slicing personality, I tend to give Something a couple of chances and if there appears to be no value, I have no problem moving on. Sometimes, once is enough. From my perspective, there seems to be a fine line between hanging in there and exit, stage left. Not sure there is an easy answer, wish there was.

Whether a relationship or activity, deciding to commit your time and attention for any length of time, takes some serious and honest thought. When is enough, enough? If you aren't getting anything out of it, should you stay because it is helping someone else and how can you tell the difference?

Wanting to be aware, I will continue in the best way I know. Mistakes, sure will make a gob of them. In this lifetime, you will never be the teacher - always the student. If you think you have learned it all, you are in some serious trouble. Questioning yourself is essential to good mental health. It is not always their fault, sometimes, it will be your turn to be wrong. Just be aware of the possibility and when it is time to act or apologize, do it and do it fast.

Pondering all these things makes the tattoo thing thing look easy...or not. Imagine never having to imagine...