fear...



Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." - Mark Twain

It occurred to me yesterday that some of us...ok, me - may have a worst case scenario switch. With a bit more thought, it also occurred to me that this switch has to be manually reset, every day.

It can't be set as a default without some pretty intense computer programming knowledge which frankly, we...ok, me - don't have. We get up every morning and purposefully, turn on the switch. That allows the thoughts and feelings to take over and run the show.

There is a fine line between being Real and being in denial. I walk on the Real side, a bit too often. Even before I brush my teeth and eat breakfast, I make sure the Switch is On. It is an unconscious act that triggers real acts. Emotions that play on those thoughts.

Something for us...ok, me to think about. The bible mentions fear 365 times. One for every day of the year. Don't think that is an accident. Time to turn the lights off, close the door and do Something new...