right now...


November is in full swing and my personal thanksgiving is in the very forethought of most every thought, running through my mind. It is easy to focus on what is not right/sane/fair and much tougher to keep one's eye on the prize, right in front of you. To be thankful for what you already have. What you are enjoying, this very Moment.

Next week is my favorite week of the year. It is a short week, full of anticipation of turkey and the start of the Christmas season. It usually includes at some point, my birthday and anniversary. It is a packed week with lots of wonderful emotions. I just love it!. See how easy it is to be Somewhere else?

This week I will focus on what I already have, what is right in front of my today. Will spend the afternoon taking my girl to a birthday party and then, getting to hear all about it on the way home. DH and I will get to spend the day together. God willing, I will have a warm home to come back too. Food in the refrigerator, a blanket and furry slippers, just waiting to be cuddled.

I am thankful I can see this now. I hope I can see it everyday this week. And then, next week too. Humbly aware that I am missing more than I am seeing but will have to live with the understanding that being human means accepting ourselves, flaws and all. I am thankful for the idea that I can get another chance everyday, to live it to the fullest and never are we more aware than when I am thankful...