the voices...


At given time, I have at least 5 voices talking to me, all from within inside. There are the general 2 that represent good and bad. There is the 1 that directs the sweettooth. There is 1 who keeps a running commentary of current events, There is the 1 that is the historian for the group. The music critic is the generally happy one, never put that one in charge! The new 1, the creative 1, finds much power when the creative juices are flowing, even giving Sweettooth a run for her money.I love listening to the one I call the prayer. Soothing words being spoken, all there for the listening. Some days, I spend hours there.

I call town hall meetings, regularly but someone is always in the bathroom or at the snack table. If you don't announce there will be snacks, no one would ever come. Then, there are those who are present but not really. Daydreamer and List maker have a hard time concentrating in the Moment and prefer to read the minutes by email, the following week.

I am proud of the work we do. It doesn't always get done in a timely manner or without alot of discourse, but it gets done. And Sometimes, though rare, we all have an outing like yesterday, where we enjoy the music, fresh air and each other...