innocence...


It is hard to un-know things. Guard your innocence. Donald Miller.

How many times as adults, do we protect ourselves? We spend a huge amount of time protecting our kids, gradnkids, friends and just about anyone else you comes across our path. We act like we are invincible, like we don't need innocence protection because, we have already, seen it all.

The older I get, the less sure I am about that.

Wikipedia describes innocence as, a term used to indicate a lack of guilt, with respect to any kind of crime, sin, or wrongdoing.

Learning is a good thing. We should be students, every day of our lives. But what do we need to learn and what do we not need to learn? Are we learning the wrong things? Every bit of knowledge we take in, isn't the truth. Where and how do we protect ourselves? Can I still be innocent at my age and what does that look like.

Makes me hope I haven't seen it all.
Makes me understand that un-knowing gets harder, the older you get.
Makes me understand, learning isn't just about taking it all in...