day and night - part 2...

It was 430PM when we walked in thru the entrance for the consession workers the other night. Like when you go to vote, they had to check our names off the list for the school we were working for that night. As we walked around the center to get to our booth, they were in the middle of a sound check. The music was cool and I thought about all those empty seat that would be filled and rocking in just a few. I was so concious of the quiet now, that would soon, no longer be. I did a mental sweep of the room and said a little prayer for each seat and whoever would be occupying them in a bit.

Later on, when we had our break and did another walk through - there was the crowd that I had thought about almost 6 hours earlier. They were the happiest crowd I had ever seen. They were on their feet, waving and clapping - total contentment of the moment. It felt like a sauna in there but for most of them, they had waited a lifetime and weren't leaving now. Nothing could get them out of their seats, nothing.

Tuesday was a great day - my girl, Bianca Ryan came out with my Song, And I'm Telling You I'm not Going. Ever since I heard her sing this, I knew it was The Song. It will direct me for the rest of my life.

And I'm telling you
I'm not going
You're the best friend
I'll ever known
There is no way I could ever go
There is no way I am living without you

You see, there is a world of difference between an empty concert hall with empty seats and a place where the seats are full and people are lined up all along the wall. It is like the difference between having and not having God in your life. It's visual I will not soon forget. I have lived both ways and I know what I want and how to get it. Do yourself a favor and listen to the 30 second clip on ITunes - better yet, treat yourself to a 99 cent piece of iconic melody that will make your spirit s0ar.

I'm not living without you
I don't wanted to be free
I'm staying, I'm Staying, I'm STAYING
and You're going to Love me...