Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...


Humpty Dumpty had a great Fall
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty
together again.

Had My Dumpty been anything other than an egg, what would his life have looked like?
Would he have gone on to be Somebody with importance?
Apparently he had some kind of connection with the King - his men tried to save him.
I can't imagine that the king's men and horses just happen to be going by when Humpty fell!
In the pictures I have seen, he wasn't dressed like someone representing a king.
In fact, he looked a little silly in that suit.
And if he was so fragile, why was he sitting on a wall so high off the ground?

The reality is Humpty's Story sounds a little like mine.
Like me, while I may not be an egg, I am fragile.
And like Humpty, I am surrounded by the King's men and horses.
I have and continue to things that seem as troubling as sitting high up on walls.

Things that can hurt me.
Things that will hurt me.
Things that even the king's men can't help me with.

Its a children's Story, one we all know. Whether is because we have heard it a million times or lived it once, it is familiar. We all run to things familiar. The safe, comfortable place to land within ourselves. I wish the Story had turned out better for Mr Humpty, but his Story gives me hope, that it will turn out different for me...