girlfriends...


While this may look like our Christmas 2006 Christmas Card, it really was yesterday's bday celebration of one of our own and someone said, "Hey, let's grab the Christmas hats that are for sale in the gift shop AND ask the clerk to take our picture!" Each lady picked out their own so you get a taste of our diverse personalities. I was going for The Christmas Story look...

I had a great day of women. I ran into the Birthday Girl at the grand opening of our town's Old Navy. Ran a couple doors down to Target and ran into another of my girl homies. Although there is almost 20 years difference in our age, we are way more alike than not. We talked about how uncomfortable we are with women our own age and I told her about the greatest advice I had been giving about girlfriends from another good friend years ago - Gear down 10 years. That little bit of advice changed my life. Homy Girl thought 20 years would be a better fit and in our cases, she is absolutely right. Birthday Girl called Homy Girl while we were talking so I met up with her again. I left with a big grin on my face, thanking God for these great women.

Homy Girl had told me about these earphones at Ross so I ran to the other side of town to see if they still had any. I was standing in line behind a woman close to my age. She had a very formal angel statue and here I am with my full size headset for my Ipod. I grinned again - it just confirmed what I already knew. The lady and I chatted about credit card fraud out to our cars and went our merry ways. I can just about guarantee that she wouldn't need nor understand the need for the earphones and if I was a betting woman - might think that an Ipod was a organic vegetable.

I got all my shopping done and headed for the Birthday Party. For a couple hours, we talked about everything under the sun. We all know each other and picked up conversations where we had left off. We ate, laughed and scheduled our next digi scrap nite. As I got into my car to head home, I felt a saturation of Love. I learned some things, got loved and it wasn't even my birthday! The power of a girlfriend is a powerful thing, I am a lucky girl...