music...




If music is part of your DNA, on the first note, you are hooked. Music is the epitome of Instant Gratification. Even if I am on hold waiting for a customer service rep, if the music is right - they can just take their sweet time. Music can lift your mood, bring a time instantly to mind and give you hope, that your memory has not completely left you. A song can transport you back to a time that your brain could never access by itself. I have long given up memorization but bring on a Beatles song from 1965 and I can sing every verse by heart.

I have my own personal hymnal. You won't find the usual hymns associated with a bound spiritual book. On the inside cover the first song is the one going on in my life, now. It is a revolving page, ready to be switched out in a moment's notice. For a long time now, it has been, Bianca Ryan's, And I Tell You, I'm Not Going. She has a CD coming out in a little more than a week and I am all over it. The rest of my hymnal are songs that don't know they are about the Trinity. Most were written as human love songs with their real meanings never realized. Bridge Over Troubled Water is the ultimate God love song as is Christina Aguilera's Pray. This collection of songs that I have complied over the years has been my saving grace when no sermon could. They have collectively shown my the love of the Trinity when nothing else was getting thru. Last Sunday the preacher explained that in the Hebrew language, three means - the fullness of testimony. Long before I had gkids, three has been my favorite number. I always pick three when I am watching Deal Or No Deal. There is just something about three. The great thing about the Trinity is that is was never meant to be explained. It is a mystery that was never meant to be solved. G Tersteezen said, " A comprehended God is no God at all". Music is a great reminder to the mind of what life is all about.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow reminds me of heaven. Mike and Sulley from Monsters Inc remind me that " I Wouldn't Have Nothing If I Didn't Have You". Paul McCartney's, We Can Work It Out and Buzz and Woody's, You've Got A Friend In Me, echoes the same sentiment. As I cruise thru my ITunes, the library is rich with songs that have meant so much to me at different times of my life.

That has been passed to my gkids. They have a great appreciation of Elvis. Last year I bought the boys Mr Presley's Christmas album and you would have thought I gave a them a lifetime pass to McDonalds. Right now, Gage and I are on a medley of tunes that we sing in the car and pretty much, everywhere we go which includes Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. When Miss M was a baby, she would stop crying when the boys would break into singing TTLS. They mainly did it out of self-preservation and needed very little encouragement to spontanously break into song. Now she sings it along with us. Our favorite song right now, is Keaton's school song. Gage will be so on top of things by the time he gets to kindergarten. We sing it everywhere - stores, restaurants and other places where we are usually told to hush by mommy.

Go CJ, you are the best
Go Appaloosa's, above all the rest
We are the Teal and Black and White.
And we will fight with all our might.
GO GO GO.

The other day I had one of my Itunes mixs in the car and the Mommas and the Poppas came on and Keaton pipes up, "Hey, that's my kind of music". Maybe it starts as a love for music Later they can choose the songs that will lead them to the Three In One, the fullness of testimony. After all the kids have taught me, I owe them more than I could ever repay but I will give it a try. Go Go Go!