the Fab 4...



This is my favorite week of the year and Wednesday is my favorite day of this week. For the 25 years that I worked, I always had Wednesday off to get ready for Thanksgiving. For many years, Thankgiving was at my house and I did most of the cooking. Since the kids got married and the grandbabies came along, our holiday is now shared at the other grandma's house. It is a wonderful time - they have an extended family and we are treated just like we were one of them. It is a great day of food & fun...I look forward to it every year.

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, My 55th birthday and my 35th wedding anniversary. Four days of celebration - each with their own significance. After stuffing ourselves with turkey and pumpkin pie, we need to go home and sleep fast so we can be at Best Buy by 5am on Friday. Later in the day, I will pick up Brandi and the kids and we will head out for more shopping. Saturday, on my official pension bday, we are taking everybody to see the Festival of Trees with the real-life storybook characters and themed Christmas trees. Someone asked me what we were going to do for our anniversary on Sunday. We both think we are so lucky to have someone to share an anniversary with that the doing is in the having. Dh has to work Sunday evening so our fabulous four days will wind down and life will get back to normal.

The next few weeks will be a blur. It will be a time of rejoicing, celebration and sometimes, dread. The mixture of bright-eyed wonder and the didIbuycreamcheeseforthecelery?moments that keep our brains from shutting down at night. Whether I have been naughty or nice is secondary to doIhaveenoughwrappingpaper?

I am going to keep my I Believe in Yesterday close.

I am going to embrace the parts of Christmas that nourish me.

I am going to remember that because of a teenage girl saying yes, I believe.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. May you and yours share a time of laughter, a time to be together and a time to be greatful, see you Monday...love zalaine.