graffiti...

To get most of the places I need to - I have to cross a set of railroad tracks. Soon we will have a overpass and a new way to play beat the train but for now, the train and part of my town are usually at odds. My DH tells me that there is a 15 minute time limit that the train can block a railroad crossing but I'm not sure I believe him. And, if there is, who are you going to call, the train police? So, over the years, I have trained myself to adjust.

Last Sunday, I was first in line waiting for what turned out to be a 8 minute train - so with my music cranked I started my usual train graffiti watching. While I don't condone tagging on things that don't belong to you, I have got to say I can't help but feel that some of the graffiti is pretty cool. This morning, I was in for a real treat.

Never give up - in a child's curvise handwriting with a stickperson's face and a stickperson's gun held to the head. Wonder if anyone else has ever seen this and if it changed their life. the other one I noticed was, SOBER, written in big bubble letters. I thinking, there is a Story I would sure like to know. I can only draw my own conclusions and those make me smile.

As I'm watching this, Mc Hammer's U Can't Touch This, is playing in the background. I imagine that is is pretty much how God told the devil to back off in Job. My thoughts are racing thru my head and the music is pounding my ears, In short order, the train is gone and I was free to go.

By the time I reached the church's parking lot, I felt like I had already been. Everything that I would hear at church today would run thru the graffiti filter and be seen in new way. A Road Less Taken, less popular but maybe - just maybe, another piece of the Puzzle.

So here I am today. There is something new to learn. I want to be kicking on all cylinders - I don't want to miss a moment of life's graffiti whether on a train, in the eyes of a stranger or the lyrics of a song. Never Give up - sober words for everyday...