Fa la la la la...







Still haven't found my Christmas mojo. I tell myself I am trying too hard - just let it come naturally, in its own way and time.

We had a digi scrap last night at the local coffee house but it was really a front to celebrate my bday again. A FABulous chocolate birthday cake and a CROWN made me feel pretty special. We spent the evening playing and just visiting. One of the gals designed and finished her Christmas card. Her photo was a beach scene and the ornaments she used were just perfect for her design. We have been struggling on a design for the gks Christmas card. My daughter had a great idea of taking it in their Christmas jammies - that has great possiblilties but I'll bet we will match the boys to Miss M's stunning Christmas dress. That seems to be our default.

It used to be called tradition - I think default would be the new term. When it comes to holidays, there is almost a plan, maybe even an expectation of what the holiday should look like or be like. Like knowing your que in a play.

Stand on your mark ...then go when it is time. There have been times when I was ready for Christmas in September. I carried the Christmas spirit everywhere I went for 2 extra months feeling the high of Christmas. The high of Christmas?

Make no mistake - Christmas comes with it own brand of high. Ask anyone who has had a loss this year whether job, loss of a loved one or just hard times - Christmas exaggerates those feelings and makes the loss that much more difficult. Those four or five weeks of Christmas expectations have to be accomodated-maybe in a reduced way but accomodated never the less.

Here's the deal... our default with Christmas is about the stuff. It is about getting, buying, doing, more getting, more buying and more doing. Those are all things Ireally enjoy but putting all my high in that basket, won't get us any closer to where Iwant to be.

Mine will come from the Christmas program when Keaton and Gage will sing songs the songs of Joy, Peace and the baby in the manger. Mine will also come from Yesterday.

As I sit here writing this, I remember this photo from last Christmas morning. All the presents had been open and breakfast was on its way. While everyone else was in the throes of Christmas morning toy passion, quietly, Keaton grabbed a pen and piece of paper , headed for the kitchen table and started writing. I was at the stove cooking sausages and asked him who he was writing to. It was a thank you note to santa for all the things he had been given just a few minutes before. In that instant, I felt the high of Christmas. I pass this picture in my living room a hundred times a day. Its high always present, no matter what the season.

I have a new tradition, default if you will. This will be a part of all the rest of all my Christmases. I can't imagine that God doesn't smile when he sees gratitude in his children. I think I just found my Christmas mojo - it was right in front of me the whole time...