March 11...

DH came home and told me that Daylight Savings Time was starting 3 weeks earlier this year - a week from Sunday to be exact. I had no idea. Seems we are after more daylight so 3 weeks earlier in the spring and an extra week in the fall. I had no idea.

Apparently there may be some glitches. Cell phones and computers may have to be manually corrected. Who decides this stuff? I don't remember a mandate of the people being taken or a prop that we voted on last fall. I checked my calendar and there it is, March 11 - Daylight Saving Time starts - so apparently this has been common knowledge for alot of folks or at least the ones who print the calendars.

It's not that big of a deal but I find myself feeling a little unsettled. What is the worse that could happen - be a little early to church on Sunday? You know that feeling like when you have been in a accident - if you had only been a little early or a few minutes later, you would have missed it completely? Think of a whole hour and what a difference that could make.

One of our local communites lost 5 children from 2 families in a deadly car crash yesterday. It appears that the road was slick and there was no guardrail and they went into the water. One of the family lost a daughter and son, the other 2 boys and a girl. The family that lost 3 children yesterday had lost another child 5 years ago in a construction accident. That does not compute or make sense to me.

That feeling of if time had only stopped or been delayed happens to all of us in many different situtations, always as an afterthought. We have no control over these times and we obviously have no control over gaining an hour and then losing it again, every year. I guess I can just hope I use it wisely. The dad of the family who lost the three chidren said to Go home and hug your children. Count your blessings, don't let another hour go by and spring forward...