Happy Valentine's Day...



A day of love and while traditionally linked with the romantic kind of love, we should think outside the box and look at all the love in our lives. Whether romantic, maternal/paternal, friendships - wherever we find our hearts today. Any kind of Love can be celebrated today and should.

My van is packed with valentines, heart-shaped pizzas and 2 photo collages for sick poppa's funeral. For the first half of my day, I get to spend it with those who carry my heart sround with them on a daily basis. We have had to alter our plans a bit but we are having lunch with Keaton at his school with McDee's as our caterer. When I head bac, they will know, once again, that they are loved truly, fully and deeply...and they will have heart-shaped pizza for dinner as if they needed extra proof.

I have to head back, have our final meeting and viewing at the funeral home for the tomorrow's service. Weather permitting, the family is also supposed to be rolling in this afternoon. What a way to spend Valentine's day...or it may be the ultimate way to spend it. No matter what, my romantic Valentine will be with me and that is all I care about.

However we each spend the day, wherever our love comes from - it is a day to celebrate and be grateful for it. If you don't have someone to buy you a box of chocolates - GO BUY SOME for yourself. Celebrate the life you have. Celebrate the love you have known. Grab your favorite music and let it remind you why it is your favorite. If you are still having a tough time, watch an episode of TLC's Baby Story. It doesn't have to be about you to experience Love first hand. It really can be.

While my day would seem to be divided into black and white, it is really all part of one in the same. Picking up Happy Meals for my babies or grabbing an extra paper for my sister-in-law with her dad's obituary, comes from the same place. It is all part of the Big Picture and today, that is what I celebrate. To you and yours, I wish more of the same...love, zalaine.