quotes...




I love quotes. There is just Something about words strung together that at times. brings me to my emotional knees. I have stopped in my tracks at some. Others have mad me mad as hell. Either way, they set my soul on fire. A few perfectly fitted words and I am good for the day.

We all have our favorites. We get them from every walk of life - TV, politicians, movies and even our own families. I usually have a pad and pen handy but like yesterday, I was not prepared and had to make a mad dash to copy down Kevin Costner's line in, Rumor Has It. I have quotes everywhere in my house. I LOVE to scrap with them. They make me happy much like diagramming sentences but that is another Story.

Some, we are all familiar with -

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH - Jack Nickolson/A Few Good Men

I am not a crook/Richard Nixon

I love ya more than my luggage/Steel Magnolias

Some, you may never have heard -

Life should be a little nuts - otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together/Rumor Has It.

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles and the won'ts. Listen to the never haves...then listen close to me.
Anything can happen child, anything can be/Shel Silverstein

When Jesus returns is immaterial, when He returns for you, is what matters/me.

Quotes modify our lives, they don't set policy. They are never nouns but always adjectives...I so feel a diagram coming on. They provoke us to thought, makes us laugh and help to see the Bigger Picture. That one by Shel Silverstein sounds like great preaching to me. That going up on a wall somewhere at my house.