Wii...



It all started last fall when DD said that she wanted to get her father a guitar game for his XBOX. I thought it was a fabulous idea and then we found out that our first-generation video systen was obsolete so that plan went down in flames - but I never forgot about it. Finding a Wii is a part-time job. They were impossible to get before Christmas so I thought I would try some patience and that by January 2, they would be readily available, everywhere.

Needless to say, my waking hours have been spent stalking the Wii. Best Buy hasn't had a shipment since before Christmas and has no idea when they will. The only place I could find that had been receiving them was Walmart. Long Story, somewhat shortened, I finally got one on Saturday. The clerk suggested that I take my Wii and Guitar Hero out to the car and then come back to finish my shopping. Apparently, there have been issues - I can certainly understand why. For us, it started some 25 plus years ago.

Our best friends had moved to Wyoming for 18 months. We all had seperation anxiety but at least, we didn't live in the middle of nowhere. They had to fill their time somehow. Little did I know...

When she called to say they were on their way home, she told me a little about this video game that she was bringing with her. There was great excitement in her voice - I mistook it for her missing me. I was way wrong. They pulled up and the first thing she unpacked was Ladybug. It was a Pac-Man like game and after one time, I was hooked. I am not exaggerating when I say for the next 6 months, we spent our days playing. There were cries from both families about running out of clean underwear and I'm hungry that went completely unnoticed. In my defense, I am not proud of this time in my life, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

There are so many things in our lives that are addicting and because it is not always the same for each of us, sometimes we have a hard time understanding how someone could get caught up in this or that. Some of us have more of an addicting nature than others (raising hand - my name is zalaine, I am a - insert current addictions here). I was once told by an AA sponsor that I was an alcoholic whether I ever took a drink or not. I knew the moment she said it that is was true. You can't learn until you accept. I have accepted alot in my lifetime and continue to daily.

Back to the Wii - I can see that learning Guitar Hero will also be a part time job. I plan on practing during the day and dazzling the family when they come over. Maybe I could entertain DH after a long day of work with my new-found skills. Oh YEAH baby...