style...



I was asked to shoot a wedding this summer. I had done the bride's senior pictures and she and her mom wanted me to take her wedding photos because ... they liked my style. There is a conflict with that date and I won't be able to be her photographer but I'm sure they will find someone else and I hope they love their style too.

My style - I never think about it. Whether it is what I shoot or in the post-processing, it seem so natural. In my mind, I think everyone sees it the same way but I know that isn't true. I would never have imagined that I have any consistant style to what I do. I use Lightroom to process my pictures and I counted up 202 different presets in my arsenal. For each of those presets (or effects), there are numerous sliders that let you control every aspect you could imagine for any given picture. I can isolate certain colors, warm up a black and white or change the color all together. The number of combinations is unfathomable and in all that, I have managed to work out a style that people recognize. I posted a layout on a digi board the other night and a poster said, Your photos are always awesome. Obviously, she has seen more than one. She recoginizes my style.

If you saw my closet, style is the last word you would use to describe me. Black shirts and levi's are my mainstays. The only color you will find is in the seasonal part of my side of the closet and those colors are restricted to red/green for Christmas/Valentine's Day. and orange/black for Halloween. when I started this whole photo/digi scrapping thing, Something Changed. It doesn't look like the rest of my real life. It is a place that I go most days and make creative Love. It is a place that feeds my soul and in the process has made a few people happy.

If you can find a way in your life to make creative Love - I highly recommend you do. For yourself - it is a way to feed your soul and you might just make someone else's day a little brighter. I still don't about the style thing - maybe it is just words but I do get it is what makes us each so special and different. Style, baby, style...